Little do most of us realise that what we are seeing is only a tiny fraction of the soil that a carpet contains. The visible grime we notice is only the tip of the iceberg; up to 85 per cent of the dirt the carpet holds is buried deep within the pile. And when you consider that a carpet can eventually trap its own weight or more in soil - as much as 150 lbs for an average-sized living-room - you'll agree it's no trivial matter.
Regular professional cleaning can ensure:
- Increased life expectancy - Eliminating many of the problems that may lead to carpet and soft furnishings needing to be replaced before their time.
- Stain Removal - No longer worry about concealing those discomforting spots, marks and dried in spillages, professional cleaning can ensure removal of most stubborn stains.
- A more hygienic environment - Complete removal of general dust, soil and accumulated debris.
- Improved appearance - Even the oldest of carpets and furniture can look brand new following professional cleaning.
- Elimination of mites and bacteria - Reducing the risk of allergies, mould and many other potential problems.
- Deodorisation - Most odours can be eliminated by general professional cleaning and NCCA members can offer specialist treatments to ensure a fresh, clean smelling carpet.
Regular vacuuming is a necessity to keep your carpets clean and hygienic, and some of you will use other equipment to help maintain and preserve your valuable floor coverings. However, most domestic vacuum cleaners, shampooers and steamers, even the more powerful ones, haven't got what it takes to get rid of that deep-down dirt or nasty germs. This is one of those jobs for the professionals, with their highly sophisticated equipment and the training and experience to know how, when and where to use it.